By Jean-Michel Rabaté
- Broadens the research of canonical texts and inventive occasions by way of exhibiting their cultural and worldwide parallels
- Examines a few simultaneous inventive, literary, and political endeavours together with these of Yeats, Pound, Joyce, Du Bois and Stravinsky
- Explores Pound's Personae subsequent to Apollinaire's Alcools and Rilke's Spanish Trilogy, Edith Wharton's The customized of the Country subsequent to Proust's Swann's Way
Read or Download 1913: The Cradle of Modernism PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
This can be the 1st systematic research to track the best way representations of 'Germanness' in modernist British literature from 1890 to 1950 contributed to the advance of English identification. Petra Rau examines the shift in attitudes in the direction of Germany and Germans, from suspicious competitiveness within the overdue Victorian interval to the competitive hostility of the 1st global battle and the curious inconsistencies of the Thirties and Nineteen Forties.
A brand new appraisal of Dos Passos's paintings and lifestyles, towards a Modernist type describes either the vital currents in his early paintings, and his complete participation in literary modernism, culminating in his U. S. A. trilogy, in addition to the connection of those currents to these of an extremely vivid interval in American expression.
In 1857 the pains of Flaubert and Baudelaire for offending opposed to faith and public morality drew awareness to the positive aspects we now go along with literary modernism; yet rather than successful compliment for his or her techniques they have been indicted for "ideological crimes. " With the passage of time the offenses were forgotten and the recommendations inserted right into a triumphal narrative concerning the upward thrust of modernism.
Ethnic Modernism and the Making folks Multiculturalism during which ethnic literary modernists of the Thirties play a very important position. targeting the outstanding careers of 4 ethnic fiction writers of the Thirties (Younghill Kang, D'Arcy McNickle, Zora Neale Hurston, and Américo Paredes) Sorensen provides a brand new view of the heritage of multicultural literature within the U.
- On Modern Poetry: From Theory to Total Criticism
- The Wallflower Avant-Garde: Modernism, Sexuality, and Queer Ekphrasis
- The Journals of Mary Butts (Henry McBride Series in Modernism and Mo)
- Elena Garro and Mexico's Modern Dreams (Bucknell Studies in Latin American Literature and Theory)
Additional info for 1913: The Cradle of Modernism
1913: The Cradle of Modernism by Jean-Michel Rabaté